Friday, July 1, 2011

i don't think it's called growing up

i had an interesting conversation yesterday that had me on the verge of tears. the person i was speaking with asked three questions:

- who did you think you were?
- who are you now?
- who do you want to be?

i think my answers led me down a path of some disappointing self discovery. i thought that who i was is the same as who i am, just grown up. maybe more mature. but maturity has nothing to do with this. and that's what bothers me - i have actually disappointed myself. i've let myself down. how is that possible when you control your own actions? no clue.

with that said - i'm offering up an album that i've recently been turned on to by a dear friend. this former punk rock band member turned acoustic folk singer is quite fitting. Frank Turner went from being the vocalist for Million Dead to a solo artist around 2005. England Keep My Bones was released in January of 2011.



RIGHT HERE (ya folks...that means click this link to get the album d/l...not that complicated)

No comments:

Post a Comment