Tuesday, April 26, 2011

and just because...

it was a terrible day I have decided to post twice today. I'm really excited over this next band. I was eating at Ahli Baba's Kabob shop on Sunday and the kid behind the counter was playing a great mix over the speakers. This band in particular caught my attention and so I had to ask. After some extensive searching, I found them. Seems like they released the one and only album (A Long Way from One to Zero) in 2004 and then disappeared. Be careful in Googling "tyko". Apparently, there is some DJ who has the same name and is certainly not what I'm getting at here. Tyko (the band) is a great shoegaze band with distorted guitars and dreamy lyrics. It's no My Bloody Valentine but I'd put them in the same bucket. Enjoy the album here because it's seemingly impossible to find and non-existant on iTunes or Amazon.



RIGHT HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment