Sunday, May 13, 2012

mom is wow upside down...deal with it.

happy mother's day to all the women in the world who've suffered through sleepless nights from either crying babies or teenagers out til 4am with no sign of coming home. i for one owe my mother everything. she's one of the strongest people i've ever known and i envy that. two nights ago i stumbled into her house at 3am (truth: i sat in her driveway in my car listening to drive-by truckers until the car shut-off and i practically broke in as i couldn't figure out how to open the front door). i couldn't stand the quiet house so i proceeded to nudge her while she was sleeping just whispering "mom...mom...are you up?" (truth: i abruptly shook her into awakening and i don't think i ever asked if she was awake, i just proceeded to talk to her). i laid half-on and half-off the bed spewing out some words that have been building up inside of me for the past two months. my mom laid there and listened. she didn't say anything. she knew i was in an inebriated state that was useless to talk out of. after i ranted (truth: incoherently yelled & mumbled at the same time) she just looked at me, laughed and said "my god you smell awful". she was right. i was well saturated with beer, whiskey and cigarettes. we laughed for a while until i passed out. it was only a few minutes until she was the one waking me up telling me to brush my teeth and wash my face for the night. there have been a handful of nights like those and mom has always been there for me. and...as is her motherly duty...has always insisted on proper hygiene habits no matter how bad things got. i love you mom.

with that all said, it's not a new release but those darlins' have one of my favorite songs (mama's heart) and it feels quite apropos for the occasion. those darlins' have released a new lp called screws get loose which you can buy direct from them (ya i bought it...the shipping is 50% of the lp price which is a serious downer and should be reassessed): http://thosedarlins.com/shop/



RIGHT HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment